FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012

newbie2012

Great, thanks a lot !
Old 08-26-2012

truth1ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx View Post
It's here, though it took a good 5 minutes of constant clicking to find it. It's linked from just a bit of text at the end of the "What's New" section on the homepage. Didn't see it at first because all the surrounding red text is jarring. I wish the website was more modern and aesthetically pleasing... or even just useable, to be quite frank.

http://shop.tiswim.net/us/
Wow, thanks, I never would have noticed that as I was looking all over the Store page for the link. They really should take a couple minutes and put a link on the Store page where you would expect to find it. The prices on the digital store are great!
Old 08-29-2012

truth1ness
Default Get the new DVD

I absolutely recommend getting the new Perpetual Motion Freestyle DVD. I also got the Freestyle Made Easy DVD maybe 4-5 months ago. I had all kinds of struggles like you, figured I was probably a hopeless sinker, etc. I was kind of feeling like TI wasn't for me but I thought I'd give the updated version a try, but not really expecting much.

Now I can't praise the updated version enough. In one week I made 10x more progress than I have with FME and for the first time can say I really experienced 'perpetual motion', I can pretty much go indefinitely. I can't wait to get back in the water.

The key I found is the new DVD basically replaces the Sweet Spot (facing up) foundational position with the Superman Glide (facing down). That new base along with some tweaks made all the other lessons fall into line. And then the new stuff like 2 beat kick made me feel like I was flying. I never understood the whole sweet spot focus in FME as it seemed more of the home position for backstroke, not freestyle, and now I see it's not used anymore except in the backstroke DVD. In perpetual, Terry doesn't even let you come up on your back/sweet spot to breath until lesson three, the focus is entirely on getting the main streamlined face down component right first in short bursts which I think is the way to go.

So yea, if you're having any problems with FME just get Perpetual Motion.

Last edited by truth1ness : 08-29-2012 at 04:25 AM.