Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009

bartp
Default Do I need the new TI materials?

I bought the "triathlon swimming made easy" book and videos about 7 years ago and worked hard at it. I am noticing now that a lot of things have changed like not stacking the shoulders, not rotating so far, a lower spear, and drills i have not heard of.

Do you think i need the new book and O2 in H2O materials or are the revisions minor enough that I don't need it? (i realize i am asking the guys who are selling the books :)

Barton
Old 10-15-2009

naj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp View Post
I bought the "triathlon swimming made easy" book and videos about 7 years ago and worked hard at it. I am noticing now that a lot of things have changed like not stacking the shoulders, not rotating so far, a lower spear, and drills i have not heard of.

Do you think i need the new book and O2 in H2O materials or are the revisions minor enough that I don't need it? (i realize i am asking the guys who are selling the books :)

Barton
Barton it wouldn't hurt to get the new "Easy Freestyle DVD" I believe this really breaks down the crawl into easily understandable lessons and drills. I read the first book and see some things that would benefit you greatly. Most importantly skating drill (or fish drill) whereby your shoulders are not stacked, but rather either shoulder is barley above the surface. Hope this helps.

Naji
Old 10-15-2009

eddiewouldgo

Get the Easy Freestyle DVD, absolutely. If you have breathing issues, consider the O2 in H20 as well; if not, you don't need it.
Old 10-15-2009

madvet

I also think the Easy Freestyle is very valuable even though I have the earlier one. It shows exactly how you should be doing things with these new focal points. Anyone who learns visually should get it.
Old 10-15-2009

debralambourn
Default Get the new materials

I first looked into TI a few years ago and there has been a huge shift regarding rotation and the drills have become much more streamlined. I would highly recommend the new Easy freestyle DVD as well.

The other really helpful tool I found was the lectures by Terry on You Tube. He is at a multi sport conference and is discussing Perpetual Motion Freestyle.

Here is the part 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97b6XIntfcc

There are 6 parts.