Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Racing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2015

Grant
Default First LCM meet in 80-84 age group

Today I was pleased as well as surprised with my results. Just to set the stage I had 20 radiation treatments on lymph nodes in my throat to combat Squamous cell Cancer which were finished the end on Nov. was told to expect three months of fatigue and other less bothersome side effects. At the time I discounted this as I was in pretty good shape and figured I would recover quicker than that. I entered seed times that were what I had swum in meets last year. These were considerably faster than what I have doing in the pool the last two weeks and definitely still experiencing fatigue. So off to the meet today with deminished expectations.
Finally he is getting to the results. This was a LCM meet.
Canadian National records in the 50 Fly and 100 Free. Provincial (BC) records in the 50 and 200 Free. Missed the National record in the 50 Free by .5 seconds.
This was totally unexpected and has me looking forward to my next meet which is a SCM meet in late April. This gives me three months to recover and hopefully get some old speed back.
My times were nowhere near world records or for that matter United States records but for this pond very satisfying.
Swimming is such a joy and results like this are just a bit of icing on the cake.
Old 02-01-2015

jenson1a

Grant

Congratulations on your race results and more importantly, the success of your radiation treatments.
Old 02-03-2015
Coach

CoachBobM

Congratulations, Grant!!

Bob
Old 02-03-2015

WFEGb

Hello Grant,

just a short note:

I admire you infinite, wish that your battle is won against cancer! And all the best for an enjoyable and satisfying TI-swimming with desired results!

All the best for you!
Werner
Old 02-03-2015

Grant

Thanks for your congratulations folks. This is a wonderful forum and Terry has created a very valuable resource. Though I am nowhere close to being as analytical as a lot of contributors are, I strongly feel that incorporating TI methodology into my swimming playtime has produced a much better sprinter which to begin with was all I could do and has aided me in enjoying longer swims and races. From my own experience TI enhances all swimming and life out of the pool as well.
Good on you Terry and the TI community