Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Discuss Terry's Blog Posts
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2017
abschwar abschwar is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Default What do these TI terms mean?

I've worked through most of the Ultra-Efficient Freestyle e-book and videos, and while my TI-style front crawl has improved (I think), I'm baffled by some of the terms and concepts.

"engaged core" and "stable core": I'm trying to imagine an "unstable" care and can't. How do you "engage" your core?

"weight shift": Do you actually feel your weight shift? If so, does it feel like one side of your body tipping over to the other?

"holding the water" with hands. You actually feel your hand anchored (so to speak) in the water?

"bodyline is stable and streamlined": I know that traditional swimming uses the term "streamline" to mean holding arms tight above head and compressing the body tightly, usually for an upside-down dolphin kick after flip turn. But what does "streamline" mean in a TI context? And how do you do it?

Last edited by abschwar : 02-03-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.