Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2018
coach

CoachStuartMcDougal

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwards26 View Post
Thanks Stuart though Iíve seen before itís a thrill to be reminded of them. I was coached by Ian Smith for over a year before his sad passing and more recently by Jai and I love everything TI stands for they both taught me as an adult learner starting to swim at 57 ( now 65) a lot about moving through water .
I was at the Tri show when it came to Manchester later that same year it seems every swim technique was represented in the endless pools.
I was blessed with meeting Terry and he was genuinely interested in my swimming and we exchanged a few e mails it was heart breaking news to read he had passed away.
JohnW
Hi John!

Great to hear of your enjoyment and success with TI - especially starting at 57 years young! I never met Ian but heard many great things about him. Terry was quite found of Ian and his coach style - and recall him being very saddened by his sudden death.

Jai is pretty darn awesome coach, you are very lucky to have him looking over you. The last time Jai and I swam together, he picked out something immediately in my stroke (swimming next to me) - and it's been fixed ever since! And happy to hear you got to chat with Terry at the conference, a terrific listener and always genuinely interested and curious in person or by email.

Keep up the good work and tell Jai I said howdy!

Stu
mindbodyandswim.com
Old 05-25-2018
Bada Bing

Hi Stuart,

I just spoke to Jai. He sends on his best to you and says that he rarely gets the chance to get on the Forums.

Cheers

Andy
Old 05-26-2018
coach

CoachStuartMcDougal

Thanks Andy! Happy Laps!