Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swim Your Way to Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2011

efdoucette
Default Aching legs

Wondering if anyone has experienced this.

I've been swimming TI for 4 months and during this time I have developed a serious case of aching upper legs. Now this may be coincidental, and I have been on Lipitor medication for a long time (which has been known to cause muscle soreness), but I need to confirm that swimming is not contributing to my problem. I have been wondering if the combination of "quiet legs" and buoyancy has an affect? maybe blood flow?

Is there a swimmer / MD person out there that could weigh in, I would be very appreciable, thanks.
Old 05-25-2011

borate

Quote:
Originally Posted by efdoucette View Post
I've been swimming TI for 4 months and during this time I have developed a serious case of aching upper legs. Now this may be coincidental, and I have been on Lipitor medication for a long time (which has been known to cause muscle soreness), but I need to confirm that swimming is not contributing to my problem.
I am not a physician. But prior to returning to swimming I did have aching legs that may have been related to a very low dosage of Lipitor, and later, Zocor.

It ceased about the time I switched to Pravastatin, the generic form for a different class of statin. As the ads say: "talk with your doctor."

Last edited by borate : 05-26-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2011

Ken B
Default Statin

My experience; sudden onset sergeant major epaulet arm pain in Feb., agonising in bed. 2 days after stopping dose an easing of pain and now nearly June much better. I'll take my chances without statins. Curiously a steady swim in cold water gave some ease.

Ken