Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swim Your Way to Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2016
michaelmarshall5030

Cool A total mental catharsis

I can say this is the strangest thread I have started/participated in, but I felt I need to share this experience. For a lot of us, there are activities which allow us to clear our heads from the stresses and distractions of daily life; and not until recently, did swimming become one of those activities for me; mowing the grass was one of my times I used to clear my head. I do not work M-F 9-5, so my stresses of life are related to other things; and because of this schedule, I have days which are wide open with nothing really to do. I went to the pool this morning with the intent of doing 20 minutes, and enjoyed it.

Last edited by michaelmarshall5030 : 05-26-2016 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Needed to reword a few things
Old 03-02-2016

IngeA

Not while swimming, I think our pool is too crowded to get into this state.
But I sometimes drifted away like this when I was cycling back from work (25 km) at night when there was no traffic.
And when I was learning to type: Music on and then I realised nothing until I had finished my work not even when someone was entering the room. That was a bit funny because afterwards I couldn't tell what the text was about, but asked details I new all.
Old 04-03-2017
dk2943

Default Stress Management

Swimming is the best exercise I have found to clear my head. I own my own business, which is full of stress. This has nothing to do with the stress of a wife and adult children. No matter what is weighing on my mind when I enter the pool, when I get out, my mind is clear and remains that way. That clarity often provides clear enough thinking that I am able to find solutions