Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-07-2013
bx bx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Posts: 422
bx
Default

Frankly, I'm disappointed that the coaches on here didn't spot that straight away from the video. Bah! Amateurs!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-07-2013
swimust swimust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 832
swimust
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx View Post
Frankly, I'm disappointed that the coaches on here didn't spot that straight away from the video. Bah! Amateurs!
totally! ;) but what about me? taking me 5 days to spot that! ;)
they just don't mess with donkeys. I would have done the same and not got engaged with that swimust loony
__________________
you must be a donkey before you become a dolphin.

Last edited by swimust : 05-07-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-07-2013
wie wie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 40
wie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimust View Post
He was pulling in the second half of the stroke! He was pushing all right at the start of the stroke, and then he switched to pulling when his arm got behind the shoulder top. As a result of the pull, he also lost his "elbow lead" at start of recovery. He was coming back to "elbow lead" too late after his arm was "lost in space".
I don't understand this.
What do you mean by 'push' and 'pull'?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-07-2013
swimust swimust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 832
swimust
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wie View Post
I don't understand this.
What do you mean by 'push' and 'pull'?
I hope a coach will explain it the best. I am not a coach and I may not be good enough to explain.
__________________
you must be a donkey before you become a dolphin.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-07-2013
CharlesCouturier CharlesCouturier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,244
CharlesCouturier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx View Post
Frankly, I'm disappointed that the coaches on here didn't spot that straight away from the video. Bah! Amateurs!
Yeah I know. I'm no longer the same person, lost all my confidence... I even suffer mild case of panic attack prior coaching now, and wake up at night sweaty, in fear that I may have missed a flaw... Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me.... (R.Waters, Amused to Death)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-07-2013
bx bx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Posts: 422
bx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCouturier View Post
Yeah I know. I'm no longer the same person, lost all my confidence... I even suffer mild case of panic attack prior coaching now, and wake up at night sweaty, in fear that I may have missed a flaw... Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me.... (R.Waters, Amused to Death)
I especially thought you Charles would spot he was "Framing the stroke inside the bigger frame of the body rotation". Isn't this the first thing all coaches are taught to check?

:) Well, the thread provided a bit of bank holiday weekend fun!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-07-2013
Rincewind Rincewind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 340
Rincewind
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx View Post
I especially thought you Charles would spot he was "Framing the stroke inside the bigger frame of the body rotation". Isn't this the first thing all coaches are taught to check?

:) Well, the thread provided a bit of bank holiday weekend fun!
For some reason this thread reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-08-2013
swimust swimust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 832
swimust
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
For some reason this thread reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8
thanks for the link added to my favorites :)
this thread is the best for... my swim! ego tamed and kept in check.. for a while ;)
I am the hubris and I work on it

p.s. I deleted the two videos from youtube. not interesting anymore.
__________________
you must be a donkey before you become a dolphin.

Last edited by swimust : 05-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.