Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > O2 in H20: Breathing Skills
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2011

mikeleegang
Default 3 phases of breathing--Back to Terry's articles in 2005

Thanks to Terry and TI, I have been a swimming fan who can enjoy swimming in the pool just like walking on the land. Without TI, I believe that today I would still struggle in the water.

4 simple words can summarize what I learnt from TI: Breathing, Floating, Gliding, Reducing-Resistance. The way to improve my swimming is practicing these 4 words again and again. The breathing practice make me relax in the water--stroking or doing nothing at all, the floating practice helps to build up a clear feeling of my body position in the water--is it one foot under the water, one meter under the water, or just one inch. Gliding practice make me understand that gliding is swimming--enjoy the gliding as much as I can is my first feeling of enjoying swimming. Reducing-resistance is a life-time topic which reminds me that I can improve all the time.

In the year 2005, I have translated into Chinese Terry's 3 articles on breathing which I discovered in the e-magazine zone of TI website at the time. And I also shared my translation with many Chinese swimming fans who immediately gave very grateful feedbacks. I also remember that I had sent a mail to TI website for allowing me to do so. And a lady replied my mail (seems to be Terry's daughter) saying Yes.

Now 6 years has passed, I would like to put my Chinese translation here so that many Chinese swimming fans who don't read English well can benefit from the TI forum directly.

Mike

Last edited by mikeleegang : 08-02-2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: 'sliding' shall be gliding