Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2010

PASA

Started TI with the Easy Freestyle DVD in February of this year.
Swam competitively as a kid through age 16, best stroke was breaststroke, then no lap swimming for 27 years. Decided to try swimming for exercise last Christmas and found I couldn't swim more than 200 meters without having to stop. Had heard about TI from another parent on my kids' swim team a few years before, so thought I'd check it out. Ordered the DVD online in January, and after watching it I was convinced I should give it a try. Great decision.

Last edited by PASA : 11-30-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2010

splashingpat
Default hi guys and the site at that time had Terry on deck & all guys in the picture of the

[quote=Richardsk;15147]My introduction to TI was in 2006. I had been a breaststroker (non-competitive) most of my life, ...QUOTE]

I believe it was a little before Richard, but I could be wrong!
but you guys can correct me if you know better! I too swam breaststroke and struggled and never found balance in freestyle,

and never would of even think of swim team because( I believe an inner ear problem) trying to flip turn and becoming completely dis oriented...
and maybe from your comments my post seemed to be tOO

But since I started the pictures of only the guys in the pool has changed,
which I must admit was sick of that picture...so I glad to "see" changes!

so I decided to try to disguise my name by simple non-gender name of Pat and even to splashing to indicate that of a novice or a beginner especially at trying to explain myself

especially something as complicated as how one walks or swims

when nothing much seems to be complicated by it or a scary endeavor but just watching a one year old and he/she has to wait till 2 years for the words to try to express or talk about it!
and then he/she doesn't even remember how hard it was! Does he/she?

and I hope to end my Post
but I thought to be included on the start of
and I try to end...my posting because there are some wise guys here,
and I see no more need for my "two cents worth"! anymore!

and thanks guys I could of never of done it your support and helping me out!

I got a great feel for the water, I great eye for a great swimming technique,
I'll let you guys chat about it now! i believe I should be done! Instead I want to be "yelling I got it now!

Lawrence does like to start Threads
asking us for our input and this one is another outstanding one!
Ya done it again...& everyone seems to be happy to jump in!

And by the way Not only
did I improve my stroke,
but I have developed some really nice guys to chat with! (hello fellows!)

Last edited by splashingpat : 11-30-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2010

Alex-SG

FEB 2006 at the TI Workshop in Singapore.

Probably know the 3 TI DVDs + Triathlon Swimming made easy book by heart... and I still learn new things from the TI FORUM daily !
Old 11-30-2010

collinsdc

I began TI freestyle in January 2010 after setting a New Years resolution that I would finally learn to swim properly.

When I began my balance & attempts at freestyle were a mess. It would take me 31 strokes to cover 25m & I would need several minutes of rest before I could even contemplate another length. At the moment I have an SPL of 16-17, my understanding of drag, balance & confidence in the water has increased ten fold.

It has been the best decision I ever took, & I have never been so fit.

Denis.
Old 11-30-2010

kentakirk

I started TI 14 months ago when I developed problems with my shoulder and could not participate in my regular masters swimming workouts. It allowed me to stay in the water and improve my balance and stroke. I am signed up for the Maho Camp and look forward to feedback on my technique.
Old 11-30-2010

forests

Began my journey of learning TI in August of 2009. I knew there had to be something better than conventional freestyle. Once I learned balance and how to relax, my learning curve picked up considerably and it all fell into place. I look forward to swimming now (4 x/wk.) and feel great afterwards. Wish that I had stumbled onto TI 15 yrs. ago. My guess is that a high % of TI'ers are over 45. Good subject, Lawrence.
Steve
Old 11-30-2010

westyswoods
Default January of 08

I took a weekend workshop in Madison Wisconsin from Coach Mike Dailey. My desire to discover a new way to swim being prompted by a total knee replacement which was less than successful severely limiting my ability to bike. Little did I know what a passion it would become with me. I love the core philosophy. BTW some of my post reference 4 years DA can't even keep track of the years anymore.

Swim Silent and Be Well
Westy
Old 11-30-2010

boken

February 2010.

My husband and I decided to get back in shape and maybe do a sprint tri in the summer state games. I have always been comfortable in water but not fast or efficient. I googled "energy efficient swimming" or something like that so that I could both complete the swim portion of the tri and have enough energy to finish the rest of the race. TI was mentioned repeatedly in the top google listings.
Old 12-01-2010

AWP

Late August 2005

After turning 40 that July, I was in search of fitness. I was an avid non competitive cyclist for many years, then new wife, then first child, then first home... well the only exercise I had was pushing the mower and digging fence post holes. After prompting from an employee, a summer intern from Slovakia, I decided to give the pool a go (I work @ a private country club). I'd had a life long desire to swim and thought, why not. My first attempts had the coach on deck ask if I was a smoker! Well, after ineffective advice from said coach and after viewing the way my intern was swimming I knew which direction I wanted to go. After much prodding and picking of brain this intern handed me a book and said "read this" and so I did, and I never looked back!
Old 12-08-2010

JDK

In August 2009 I purchased the freestyle dvd and in October I did a 2 day workshop with Shane in Lake Placid.Could not swim a lap before this and now can pick the distance.