Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2014

Talvi

Hunted for this thread today looking for a definition of CSS (normally Critical Swim Speed I think though combat swimming sounds fun!), so thanks Werner for putting the glossary together. I just wish Terry would make it a sticky thread! :)

While I'm here I thought I'd extract the entries you have question marks against and add some input fwiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFEGb View Post

BCD: ??
BQ: ??
EVL: ??
FB: FeedBack(?), Facebook(?)
HIM: ??
NLP: ???
OCD: ???
OMG: Oh, My God (?)
OR: Olympic Record (?)
OWS: Open Water Swim (?)
ROI: ???
s2bf: A forum member -- (Swim to Be Free?)
SC: Stroke Count (TI: Every spear starts a new stroke; no matter which side | Garmin: Every spear with your watch arm starts a new stroke)
SDI: Speed Decline Index (?)
TMMV: ??
w/s: ???
I think the question marks for FB and OR could be got rid of. The s2bf entry could be deleted imo.
NLP often means Neuro Linguistic Programming (a very commercially successful bit of scientific mumbo jumbo)
OCD can refer to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
OMG and OWS I have no alternative to the ones you give, but I wouldn't encourage the use of OWS so I'd delete it! :D
ROI often means Return on Investment (I've a bad feeling I'm responsible for introducing some of these).

Thanks again

"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
~ Aleksandr Popov

Last edited by Talvi : 05-17-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-17-2014

WFEGb

Hi Talvi,

thanks for your hints... put them in at once...

Best regards,
Werner
Old 06-12-2015

WFEGb
Default Excuse this post...

Hello,

please excuse this post. It's just to push this thread up the the first page. Maybe it's helpflul for a new member... (Very rare additions in last time.)

Best regards,
Werner
Old 06-19-2015

Talvi

Good idea Werner :)

"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
~ Aleksandr Popov
Old 06-29-2015

Talvi

Congratulations on becoming sticky!!

And can anyone show me to an explanation of RPE calculation? erry uses numbers like 2.5 etc for RPE so how does he calculate that etc?

~ Aleksandr Popov
Old 06-29-2015

AWP

Talvi
I believe the answer lies in the term "perceived" (Rate of Perceived Effort), it will be dependent on skill level, mental/physical fitness... on a scale of 1-5, 1 being easiest 5 being hardest... Terry's experience level allows him to determine this quite 'naturally'. The more one practices deep observation in their own swimming the more natural it will become to determine your own effort levels, and the more attuned and skilled you become you'll see change in those levels; what was once very difficult, let's say, may become quite comfortable.
Old 06-29-2015

Talvi

Thanks AWP.

~ Aleksandr Popov
Old 05-02-2017
Bettycollins00

Default RE:

Nice Sharing
Old 07-07-2017
kennethKGidley@gmail.com

Default Great

This is a useful information for making our general knowledge strong. Thanks for posting this useful information.