Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Favorite Practices and Sets
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011

Alex-SG
Default Wide Tracks, Catch & Mirror...

I am still trying to figure out the exact motion/position of the Catch hand during the Catch-Pull-Push phase.

I am standing in front of a large mirror with my right arm extended vertically over my shoulder. This mirror could very well be on the bottom of the pool and I am looking at it from the surface...

If we think about WIDE Tracks, the RIGHT ARM is extended and there is a line going through it parallel to the body (Shoulder width).

If I could take 3 Photos of my catch-hand position at the following moments in time...

T=0 The recovery arm drops with gravity, Hand gets into the CATCH position
T=1 The recovery hand touches the water... Catch hand starts pulling back (say chest-high)
T=2 Catch-Hand is "hip-high", ready to recover

QUESTIONS:
where would the hand be relative to this line at T=0,1,2 ?
What about the Elbow?
Where are the finger tips of the catch hand pointing at T=0,1,2 ? Always at the bottom of the pool (towards the Mirror) or side-ways?
I guess another way to ask the question is: what is the forearm direction (directly down or 45degrees towards the inside ie left)?

I ask these questions because I feel my catch hand (especially the left one) is nowhere near the body. As if it is is pulling way outside of where it should be.

Thanks. ALEX