Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2018
Mushroomfloat

When the recovery arm reaches (or nears) shoulder height you should feel a pressure on the underwater lead arm to make anchor / EVF / catch etc

sorry for all the posts cant see how to edit original
Old 03-03-2018

borate

If you're logged in, there should be an EDIT button at the bottom-right of the post.
Old 03-03-2018

bx

I got it :)
- by adding a more deliberate "hop" from the anchored arm to the spearing side, and tightening up my core, just at that precise moment, to reduce the pressure on the anchor arm. Got some nice-feeling surges, which are normally absent from my stroke. Will persevere with this, definitely.
Old 03-03-2018

Danny

If you are interested in studying this bobbing motion for breathing and learning how to better control the timing, try swimming one-armed freestyle with the other arm down by your hip. There are two variants of this drill. The one I recommend is to breath on the side of your stroking arm. Because the other arm is always down by your hip, the weight of the recovering arm pushes your body down, but there is no support from the other side, because the arm is at your hip instead of extended forward. This exaggerates the bobbing motion. This exercise is most fun when you do it slowly, so you can study the dynamics. I like to do it with closed fists.
Old 03-03-2018
Mushroomfloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx View Post
I got it :)
- by adding a more deliberate "hop" from the anchored arm to the spearing side, and tightening up my core, just at that precise moment, to reduce the pressure on the anchor arm. Got some nice-feeling surges, which are normally absent from my stroke. Will persevere with this, definitely.
Yes! its a very subtle momentary tense n relax of the core / press of the buoy
i like to add a little cheeky head nod too, often see other swimmers looking on envious when i get it rocking right ;-)
Old 03-03-2018
Mushroomfloat

You can achieve the Thorpe / Hackett rhythmical nod when you get it right
Old 03-04-2018

daveblt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroomfloat View Post
A 2BK is a natural development from this rhythm cycle it will just appear as a flick down the leg originating at the hip and ending at the toes.

Dont try for it, relax and it will appear

Yep, as long as you have good balance with light legs you should feel each kick originate in the glutes as a natural reaction to rolling to each side .

Dave
Old 03-08-2018
whoiscathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borate View Post
If you're logged in, there should be an EDIT button at the bottom-right of the post.
For some of us, there's no edit button, regardless of our post count. Must be some bug with our accounts. I'm one of those. I've just found a workaround but it isn't very straightfwd.

Edit:
How I just edited this one to correct the typo: I had to figure out the post number. I can see that when I hoover the mouse over the Quote button. My post is #64967. Then I just put this link in the titlebar https://www.totalimmersion.net/forum...67&do=editpost and voila, I can edit.

Last edited by whoiscathy : 03-08-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2018

Danny

What you see on this website may be a function of the operating system you are using. There may be differences between macs and pcs and also between older and newer versions of windows. I ran into this problem some time ago when I wanted to post a picture and couldn't find the button to do it. In the end, I had to use another computer.
Old 03-11-2018
whoiscathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
What you see on this website may be a function of the operating system you are using. There may be differences between macs and pcs and also between older and newer versions of windows. I ran into this problem some time ago when I wanted to post a picture and couldn't find the button to do it. In the end, I had to use another computer.
I have only one computer, however, I tried 2 more browsers and it's the same. It's the same on my phone as well.