Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013

jenson1a
Default DVD Advice

Would like some advice on the dvd perpetual motion in 10 lessons

I currently have the Easy Freestyle dvd--is the 10 lessons dvd much different?

Sherry
Old 06-13-2013

jgrant9411

Hi Sherrie
I have both DVD's as well as the Out of the Box and H2O DVDs. I first bought the Perpetual Motion one and find that some of the names of the strokes appear to have changed. I admit I haven't watched the entire DVD's front to back because I want to learn each lesson at a time, but from what I've seen zipperswitch is now called zenswitch. Having said that I do use all three dvd's. If I don't understand something on one, I usually find the answer on one of the other dvd's, or at least from a different viewpoint. I do find the notes on Easy Freestyle under the "free stuff" on the website to be a big help.
In short, I'm glad I have both DVD's to get as much information as possible before I go to the pool to do my lesson.
Hope this helps
jgrant9411
Old 06-13-2013

bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenson1a View Post
Would like some advice on the dvd perpetual motion in 10 lessons

I currently have the Easy Freestyle dvd--is the 10 lessons dvd much different?

Sherry
Sherry, I too have the Easy Free DVD. Recently, someone had illegally uploaded "10 lessons" to YouTube, and I had a look at a couple of chapters. From what I can gather, ignoring the actual content or names of the drills, from a presentational viewpoint, 10 Lessons has more of a bullet-point approach. Terry's instructions are delivered in short, precise sentences. It's very clipped and to-the-point, which is a style that appeals to me.

With Shinji's DVDs coming soonish, and apparently some updated learning materials coming up from Terry, I'm going to hold on to my £ for now. In any case, I haven't mastered the drills in Easy Free, which is still an excellent DVD!

Ant