Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012

ehswim
Default Tips on finding pool space for lessons?

I love doing private lessons but have the hardest time finding pool space! I'm wanting to find a consistent location but will have to find an "in." Has anyone been in my same situation? Any tips?
Old 04-23-2012
Coach

CoachDavidShen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehswim View Post
I love doing private lessons but have the hardest time finding pool space! I'm wanting to find a consistent location but will have to find an "in." Has anyone been in my same situation? Any tips?
I would love to hear tips too. So far, I've been lucky to have a 25y pool in my apartment complex which I can teach in. Seems like most of the other facilities: YMCAs, public and private pools, etc. have teachers there already. Also it seems that if you buddy up to the aquatics director that might work out. Dave Cameron has talked about how to sell yourself to a fitness club/facility with a pool along with your TI branding which has seemed to work well.
Old 04-29-2012

Ezdozit

During my recent two-month-long nationwide traveling, I was able to locate pools for my daily lap swimming at the "US Masters Swimming" site: http://www.usms.org/placswim/. However, do call in advance as these pool websites and schedules are sometimes outdated.

BTW: There are some amazing swimming pools out there!

Last edited by Ezdozit : 04-29-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-29-2012
Coach

Patricia
Default Tips on finding pool space for lessons

In Australia many of our schools have pools. We (www.swimwell.com.au) have access to a College pool on Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons. We work as closely as we can with the school offering free TI Freestlye courses as prizes on School community day etc. We are also keen to work closely with the parents association and offer discount group sessions to those parents who cannot swim or wish to improve their stroke.
The major downside is that the pool is closed for school holidays. Not so much of a problem during the long summer break as we are in our open water season but inconvient during other times. We are both members of a gym with a pool and use that as well for individual sessions. Most of our public pools will allow you to coach if you hire a lane.