Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Outside the Box: Open Water Swimming
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011
RobM77 RobM77 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near Basingstoke, England.
Posts: 137

In answer to the above question, Stugeron is an over the counter motion sickness treatment available in the UK (where I live). The active ingredient is cinnarizine. I'm afraid I don't know what the US branding would be. I find it very effective indeed.

One other thing to consider - I've never swum in a lake before; only ever in the sea where I can see the bottom. I was practising swimming in a straight line the other day by closing my eyes in the pool and even after a second or two I suddenly felt very dizzy, so that's another thing to consider (and there's no solution to that I'm afraid other than swimming head up).

The most common cause for dizziness is cold water though, and if you're right and the lake is 80 degrees (about 27C?), then it can't be that. You can tell that sort of dizziness because there's no interim "woozy" stage - it just goes straight into crazy world spinning vomit territory
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.