Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swim Your Way to Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2017
MarkMcCollum

Hello, I agree that it depends on what you do in gym? swimming is also a good exercise.
Old 10-20-2017
dk2943

Default Swimming as exercise

I am 67. I have been swimming a mile 3 or more times a week for a few years. It takes me an hour., and I really enjoy it The muscles in my arms have improved and my gut, which used to be flabby, has hardened up, but my physique remains unchanged. After reading through this thread, I have gone out and bought a set of resistance bands. I intend to continue my swimming while I use them.

BTW. Johnny Straws, a well known trainer, is selling the bands for $10, plus $9.95 shipping
Old 12-05-2017
henryhislop

Swimming, jogging, walking, running , you don't need much else to lose weight. usually gym memberships have pools so you can do either or both. Swimming is the better cardio than running and includes lower and upper body,so its great for cutting fat.
Old 12-27-2017
nancyrobin

Hello, I think both are helpful.
Old 02-01-2018
automiz

Smile true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemperess View Post
Both are important to me, I think swimming and lifting weights or go to the gym are both burn more calories, but it depends on your needs.
true..........
Old 05-31-2018
forgageds

I think it depends on what you would favor. If you join a gym, they will generally set you up a program of exercises to do.
But I'm going for swimming. Cause of, it's all you must require, and it's reasonable and a lot more fun. Swimming, walking, jogging, running on the point, you don't need much else to lose weight.