Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Breaststroke
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2015

scribe3
Default kick

When I learned to do the breaststroke. I developed a bad habit, that I wasn't aware of until a lifeguard mentioned it. It seems after my kick, and while I am gliding a tend to have a little flutter kick. The lifeguard said it was probably do to my lower body sinking because I am gliding to long, before my next pull cycle

I was just wondering if some of you guy's would give to feedback, as well.
Old 03-23-2015

daveblt

Make sure you lean in on your chest as you glide and your arms shoot forward to keep you in balance and then touch both feet and legs together after you kick . This should help to keep you from doing the extra kicking.

Dave

Last edited by daveblt : 03-23-2015 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-08-2015
Coach

CoachBobM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe3 View Post
When I learned to do the breaststroke. I developed a bad habit, that I wasn't aware of until a lifeguard mentioned it. It seems after my kick, and while I am gliding a tend to have a little flutter kick. The lifeguard said it was probably do to my lower body sinking because I am gliding to long, before my next pull cycle

I was just wondering if some of you guy's would give to feedback, as well.
Do you have any tendency to do a flutter kick when you're streamlining off the wall? Finishing a breaststroke kick shouldn't be inherently different.

One useful way to practice a breaststroke kick is to do it on your back, which eliminates the need to think about breathing. If you're finishing your kick properly, you should feel your body soaring forward at the end of each kick, and you shouldn't feel any need to flutter kick.

Bob