Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011

Mike from NS
Default Costs to swim

What does everyone pay to swim at a pool? Dollars/swim or Dollars/hour ?
Old 03-05-2011

whegardt

In Irvine, CA lap swim is $4 per swim (2-3 hrs) but you can pay as low as $2.50 if you buy 90 swims. There's also a $500 annual pass. Senior rates (55+) are about half price.
Old 03-05-2011

DesertDog

In Albuquerque you pay about $2.50 per swim at public pools or about $30 per month. The problem is that they are crowded and have limited hours. Then you have the Y for about $45 per month and then health clubs for $50-$60 per month.
Old 03-05-2011

westyswoods
Default Portage WI

100.00 for a semester pass. Includes all lap swim times, open swims and exercise classes. Total of lap swim time during week is approximately 20 hours. A very good deal and also nice clean 25 yd public pool.

2.75 on an individual basis for what ever.

Swim Silent and Be Well
Westy
Old 03-05-2011
Banned

Lawrence

£90 for 6 months' unlimited access to my local 25m pool, which is between home and work so perfect for morning swims during the week. Probably the best deal in London. The showers are unreliable but that's UK public facilities for you.
Old 03-05-2011

jeetkevdo

Cost me $75/yr. to belong to our community fitness center... includes pool, free weights, exercise machines, racquetball, field house, etc... great deal.
Old 03-05-2011
Banned

Lawrence

$75/year?!
Old 03-05-2011

Grant

The local Sooke, BC pool has many different rates. The best ones are
Adult year pass - $425.
Senior year pass - $315. If one were to swim 3 times a week the cost of each swim is around $2.00. Very good value.
Old 03-05-2011

RadSwim

At the outdoor 25 yd x 50 m pool at University Recreation Center where I usually swim, I pay $28 monthly by payroll deduction. Many different rates, depending on one's relationship with the university. The one day guest pass is $5. Not open to the public. Very nice facility remodeled 12 years ago after a fire has large cardio room, large weight room and very good locker rooms and showers. No lifeguards. A few years back it was configured for long course on some Friday afternoons, but no longer. Group of well-mannered, courteous swimmers. We usually have lanes to ourselves all day. I love it!

At the new Natatorium (a Texas word) in my suburban community, where I have been swimming for the past month while the university pool is undergoing deck repairs, the indoor 25yd x 52m costs $32 monthly for a 2-month (minimum available) membership. It would be $24 if I lived within the town limits and paid local taxes. Public day pass for the Recreation Center and Natatorium is $8. At least 4 lanes open for lap swimming all day. I like the 50 m long course on the last Sunday of the month and swimming indoors during our 6-week-long Winter. The presence of lifeguards takes some adjustment. High chlorine levels and 7 foot or greater depth are less desirable features.

Last edited by RadSwim : 03-05-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2011

jeetkevdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
$75/year?!

That's the price for an individual (resident)... $200 for a family membership. It's part of our beautiful school complex, which is less than 10 years old. Hours could be a bit better, but definitely can't complain.

Last edited by jeetkevdo : 03-07-2011 at 11:31 PM.