Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011

sinker

Definitely a 3. I try to come away from each swim session having accomplished at least a small improvement on a focal point. It is a two steps forward, one step back process. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
Last week a nodding acquaintance showed up in the lane next to me. He said he knew it was me because I am the most "relaxed" swimmer there. Made my day. Thanks TI.
Old 02-28-2011

galax
Default My rank is

3 for me. Everytime I go out to the pool I realize I have a little progress, but there is still a long way to go.
Old 02-28-2011
Banned

Lawrence

I think I have consolidated the recent advance to 1.9. The progress has been achieved by careful examination and tweaking of the way I simultaneously roll my body and turn my head when going for air, so as to look sideways at exactly 90 degrees without excessive rotation. This recent step up is probably the most exciting episode of improvement I've yet experienced.

There are moments when - and I hope this isn't putting it too strongly - I feel the way Terry looks when he's swimming the New Paltz lake in the Outside the Box DVD.

There's nothing like a visual example to get you pursuing the right feel.
Old 02-28-2011

jeetkevdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetkevdo View Post
A solid 3.65
Had my first semi-private with a TI coach on Saturday... now I'd put myself at 4.0. Not that I'm getting worse, just that I am more aware of my short comings :)
Old 02-28-2011

AWP

I think Terry has set the bar (for me) @ 1.5.
So 'knowing' his swimming and experience definitely puts me @ 2 on this scale. I continually sense that there is something I can do to make it markedly better if I knew what it was. This season I hope to get plenty of visual feedback and would love to share it here.
Having said that, as haschu mentioned, you can be @ say 3 and often 'feel' like a 2 or even a 1, as long as you strive for that feeling you can't help but improve. In fact I think it's a better place to be mentally for improving.
As a matter of measure, for what it's worth, I practice @ an average pace per 50 yards of :43/:42, can routinely swim 100 yard repeats in the 1:20s, routinely swim 2-3 mile open water practices and swim 10K in well under 3 hrs. in average to good conditions.
Old 03-04-2011

triall55

I am definitly a 4 but someday's a 5.....like today.
Old 03-07-2011

Richardsk

I've just seen some video of my stroke and I'm downgrading myself to a seven or lower.
Old 03-08-2011

Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardsk View Post
I've just seen some video of my stroke and I'm downgrading myself to a seven or lower.
Your post brought an outright laugh Richard. I have had that rather shocking experience so I know the feeling. At least we now know what we have to work on.
Swim on my age group compatriot.
May we swim with ease at the speeds we choose.