Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013

drone
Default the aquatic path to effortlessness continues

After four or five years of mindful TI freestyle, it's nice to feel incremental change, as one observes and works on single elements of the stroke.
Just in the last month, the concept of "effortless" has become more real. As with all my tiny epiphanies, it is only present for seconds or minutes at a time, but it is there. In the past, they have all become second nature just by paying attention.
As I reach forward into the "mail slot", the best (yet inadequate) way I can describe it is as if my whole body - hand to torso to toe - on the downward-facing side - engages with the water like a Slinky expanding and contracting, and forward propulsion occurs simultaneously with the engaging of the kinetic chain, pretty much effortlessly.
This little "aha" moment feels exactly right; and so my aim is to make this wonderful phenomenon the norm, and these little glimpses prove to me that it is possible.
The point of this whole thread is - mindful swimming will yield results - over a long period on the aquatic path. That's all I have.

Last edited by drone : 08-06-2013 at 02:53 PM.