Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013

Dutchad
Default TI in The Netherlands?

Well we have a new king, which is great, but we don't have any TI coaches. Or do we? I have searched but cannot find anyone. If anyone could help me get in touch with possible coaches or TI swimming buddies in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, The Hague, that kind of area) I would be most grateful........

Cheers.
Old 05-22-2013

reboot

Also interested in finding a TI training in the Hague area
Old 05-22-2013
Coach

CoachMatHudson
Default NL seeking TI

I have a private student from Wassenar. I may mention to him that there are a couple locals interested in TI swimming together.

We would love to establish some coaches there. NL is a prime location with a great culture of health, fitness and swimming. I came to Wassenar to work with my student and was very impressed (that is a particularly nice village to visit, I know).

I have a another good friend in Rotterdam who is eager to help us spread word at local pools about our swim camps at least. But it would be great to have a host on the ground who could arrange pool rental and help gather enough people for a full workshop. That would help plant the seeds for a coach in the area- we hope.

We do have a couple Dutch-speaking TI Coaches in Antwerp. I believe they would consider traveling your way for a workshop.

Lennart Sanders lennartsanders@hotmail.com
Stijn Rottiers stijnrottiers@hotmail.com

Head Coach
Mediterra International Swimming
mediterraswim.com

My blog with over 400 posts on TI technique and mindful training: Smooth Strokes Blog

Email: mat@mediterraswim.com
Old 05-23-2013

reboot

This is great news, I may email Stijn and ask for his advice
Old 05-23-2013

reboot

Also if you have a private student from Wassenar and they won't mind a few others joining (as well as yourself) please let me know.

Would love for it to happen in The Netherlands, I am sure, infact positive there would be a fantastic reaction to this.

Nikki
Old 05-23-2013
Coach

CoachMatHudson

I have only traveled there once, a year ago, though he travels to me. I would love to come again. I need to replenish my supply of Dutch gouda.

The momentum of interest may be growing enough in the AMS/Hague region now that Stijn and Lennart can begin to plan a workshop there if they are interested. I could also work through my connections there to promote the event.

Head Coach
Mediterra International Swimming
mediterraswim.com

My blog with over 400 posts on TI technique and mindful training: Smooth Strokes Blog

Email: mat@mediterraswim.com
Old 05-24-2013

Dutchad

Fantastic news please keep me informed about possible developments. I had nearly given up on this, so great to get some feedback!
Old 06-05-2013

reboot

Just to let you all know I received a reply from Stijn who has informed me they are planning a workshop in Lier in September and also thinking of doing one in Amsterdam at some point. He is going to send me the details once the dates for September are confirmed so I will reply to this post with the information.

Good news all round!
Old 06-09-2013

Dutchad

[QUOTE=reboot;40316]Just to let you all know I received a reply from Stijn who has informed me they are planning a workshop in Lier in September and also thinking of doing one in Amsterdam at some point. He is going to send me the details once the dates for September are confirmed so I will reply to this post with the information.

Good news all round![/QUOTE]

Fantastic news! I will keep an eye on developments. Please inform me via this thread on any details. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2013

reboot
Default Training Workshop 2 Days Lier Belgium

All

I was just sent some information regarding some workhops being held in Lier, Belgium towards the end of the year. The link is:

http://www.mindfulzwemmen.be/workshops-2013/

Hope this is useful!

Nikki