View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018

Zenturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFEGb View Post
Hello ZT,

:-) ... yes, and now let's all swim that way, and we will be elites at once...

You're near to Rued's(?) researches and his results with it. Doubtless your points are important, but they can't be the whole story (too much oversimplification this time?). Emerging questions (to myself?):

- How can she move the arm from your screen1 to screen2 without initiating bopping? Her kick won't help, it's too late for it. Must be an extemely fine-tuned movement.
- How can she hold her streamlined lateral balance with so minimal (nearly no) FQ? Though it looks as if she holds an upward spear (it isn't with her straight arms) a litlle longer than I suspected.
- Is her different recovery (right more relaxed than left) necessary for any part of her stroke?

Though the Slipfactor can't be the salvation solution. Rough calculation of my own with armlength and SPL led to 0.47 with half collarbone included to 0.77. Seems not bad, but I'm one of the average swimmers needing doubled time...

Best regards,
Werner
. No bobbing. She probably doenst pull like an animal in the first part of her armstroke.had a look again. indeed the power starts just before the arm is almost vertical. little downpushing.
Strokerate is high, so maybe she doesntst exite the bobing frequency.
And maybe sge counteracts it swomwhere else, have to take a look at that.

good balance with rotary style.
- Good kick technique
- naturally good body balance?
- speed helps
-probably good force feed on the arms during the pull/push
- good core control, good arms leg connection through core.

- differnt recovery.

She is a bit asymetrical. a bit like loping on the non breathing side, like Paltrinieru, Ledecky etc-
Not much , but visable. bigger kick also to power out of the breathing side and power that recoveryarm forward as a counterweight.

You misunderstood the slipfactors definition.
Its about the slippage of the arm in the part thats pressing water back, from catch to finish. You cant calculate slipfactor from DPS and armlength.
You have to measure it aginst the water, or a good background.

Last edited by Zenturtle : 09-17-2018 at 06:47 PM.