View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013

daveblt

I watched the webinar too and you know something ,the past couple months I have been trying to figure out a way to swim backstroke without water washing over face my as I recover my arms . You would think I would know how to after swimming TI for almost 18 years. I've tried slightly different head positions, a shallower catch , wider tracks and a slight increase in speed of my recovery arms with almost no change .Not that it bothers me at all but I often see people swimming backstroke with no water at all washing over their face. So I guess I'm not going to worry about it too much anymore because I don't think it can be changed and now I realize it's okay if water washes over my face. The only other thing I can think of is when I swim backstroke my legs usually trail behind me with very little kick so maybe that could have a little something to do with my body position so it's something to work on. One more thing , my wife is a non swimmer afraid to put her face in the water but she can do a very good back float though with out any kick at all and just lay there . I have to at least kick slightly in back float to maintain my position in the water or I will start to sink. So maybe it's my body type .Any other thoughts about this are welcome .

Dave

Last edited by daveblt : 09-07-2013 at 02:08 AM.