Thread: Exhaling
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016
Coach

CoachBobM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboosted92 View Post
UPDATES!!

1. My wife took a video....very eye opening... (having trouble uploading...here)

1a. I am definitely Scissor kicking when breathing. i 100% never felt it...saw it in video. Any tips/drills for fixing this?
You might try vertical kicking with quarter turns: Go into water that is over your head, fold your arms across your chest, and then keep your head above water by kicking. Periodically do quarter turns, first in one direction and then in the other, to learn how your kick coordinates with your body roll.

Quote:
1B. im still struggling with skating... i sink i sink i sink...I try all sorts of ways. Could it be too much tension in my upper back? i have a developed upper back ( body building) and i notice when i reach arm striaight up in air, alot of tightness. Could the tightness in the skating, cause me to sink? is it my kick? looking for sliver of hope on this one :)
Relaxing is definitely a factor in achieving balance! We've had a number of people come to this forum over the years who were struggling with balance, and it hasn't been uncommon for them to report at some point "Today I relaxed, and suddenly everything worked!"

Bob