Thread: TI Running
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012

andyinnorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardsk View Post
Hi Andy

I think Chi Running is as near to TI running as you can get, and it has the stamp of approval of Terry himself. I bought the book last year when I decided to take part in the Aquathlon run by the local triathlon club. The race consisted of a 400 swim in a pool ( 4 x 100m, each swum in a different lane) and then a 5k run, about half of which I walked using the old Baden Powell scout's pace or something similar. I came second (of two) in my super vet age group, the winner being an accomplished marathon runner and about ten years younger. The age groups are quite wide in triathlon, it seems. I also bought Chi Walking, but concluded that there wasn't much wrong with my walking technique. I still can't run worth a damn but I intend to enter for the Aquathlon again this year.

My bike is a rusty heap that hasn't been ridden for thirty years or so. I keep thinking of buying a modern job but the roads are not very safe round here - narrow and twisty and populated by lunatics.
Roads are very scary these days, My town in Norway has full cycle lane coverage but we have to give way to road traffic at crossings which isn't always easy in spd's. Still yesterday I did 30K half on the road and half on the cycle paths and was only overtaken by 3 vehicles which is a blessing compared to the UK.