View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018

Zenturtle

After the peak weight on catch you are very near to the full lock position, where there is a transition to releasing the spring and starting to use your full body to reach peak power in the stroke. The weight is over the top and you are agian getting more totally under the water.
afbeelding

Full lock and switch.
High side arm under water, low side arm fully locked in the water. Right in the switch from left to right side.
photo upload

Shove forward with torpedo lowside from anchor point.
plaatjes afbeeldingen

Extend and finish. Streamline further into the fastest part of the stroke and setup to repeat the cycle at the other side.
upload image

Well, thats my perception of the phases, for what I am able to feel them with my just above avarage ability to copy these actions.
TI wants to keep everything more wide, and thats whats perhaps best for less skilled, weaker and stiffer people, to avoid shoulder or balance problems. You still can get the basic idea I guess if you have reasonable swim skills.

So how does this look from the outside, when this guy swims at a relaxed pace?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKaasvXjI0
How relaxed are those recovering arms. It looks so relaxed, but underwater there is a lot going on in the meantime.
In this clip he is swimming very much catchup timing, with only a little weight on catch. His high arm has nearly landed when he starts his catch. Only using the endmomentum of sinking the high side into the low side on his anchor.

Last edited by Zenturtle : 07-25-2018 at 10:37 AM.