View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018

WFEGb

Hello Stuart,

Quote:
Actually there has been discussion moving TI Forum to a new, up to date platform such as facebook or twitter; we are experimenting with facebook page at the moment. These type of platforms, the posters and commenters are notified when other posts or comments occur so messages don’t get lost in the noise and go unanswered. Anonymous/sales users are more easily gleaned out. Also - no added on-prem hardware/software required and no cost to host these pages. Forums are really the pre-social network before facebook, twitter, etc.
Sigh!!!... Modern times pass me by... I'm really a dino and like the forums and lists... Till now I'm really hesitating to build any FB- or Twitter-account... even not for the existing TI-Coach-Group... Presumably prejudice against these companies. Some of my former students (not swimming) head real issues with FB and I simply won't accept, that influential politics is done via Twitter, becomes more usual in Germany too :-(

Though, for me transforming a forum to FB is not the same as shutting it down because of unpleasent comments... (BTW to Cottmiller's enjoyment: There's something like a resurrected not so bad forum, but not not tied to a Company: FS-Swimming-Technique)

Well, we're far off the thread's theme... again...

Best regards,
Werner