View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018

WFEGb

Hello ZT,

nothing against a stretch along your diagonal as using the kick left to find your (short timed) diagonal stretch to your right hand. Terry advocates this in his 2BK-chapter. But especially the first drill forces long leg kick left and long arm right down, that's just not Terry's diagonal stretch.

Hello MF,

seems you're swimming on a level, where you can switch by decision every part of your stroke at any time. Respect! Same question I asked ZT, what does lead you to your decisions, and how do you decide what to lay back and what to carry on?

I am even more critical , if that's the right (best?) way to teach beginners with these details and not confusing them. Are they really able to carry these in there whole stroke for longer time? OK, I do trust Terry and TI's BSP-Pyramide with some indvidual tayloring from knowing Terry and his decade-developments and some modest successes with it in own swimming and coaching. But I've to add, I'm not able to swim myself nor is any of my students (till now) able to swim in paces of the swimmers you like to discuss their stroke(part)s.

Hello Stuart,

no, 1:30 pace or faster for 100m is not what I'm able to swim all day and never as sustainable pace... So you might think, it's better for me to shut up. Nope, too much fun to follow these threads and throw in a thought one and then FWIW, might be sometimes 2ct...

And I do not appreciate the occasional unfriendliness in any way. Happy they're seldom here measured with other Forums.

Best regards,
Werner