View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016
Head Coach

terry has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFEGb View Post
Hello Terry,
Do I understand right? You're addressing both arms? Otherwise, when and where should pressure be addressed to the lead arm? (Thought never...)

Yes, both hands. I pay attention to each only during the moment when I'm trying to gently keep the hand in place.

FP on open Axilla often causes (for me) what might be called EVF. Some might just wish it, but it most times causes some unwanted stress in my rotator cuffs. So what combined FP to "open Axilla" would you suggest to avoid that?

I don't feel any strain in the cuff. Maybe because I keep my shoulder quite relaxed and mobile and the muscle activation that opens axilla is under the arm.

Well, if you talk about a more Patient lead Hand, when do you let float your lower arm to set up the catch?

It's only a micro-second more patient. I hold my place very consciously, but avoid holding so long that I introduce a hitch or pause in my overall rhythm.

Do you have rule of thumb how far in front you'll create the Slot to reach that? Is it a "just felt" constant or pace-, amount of rotation- or amount of shrugged shoulder dependent?
How far in front is indeed pace-dependent. Because I included a Mail Slot FP yesterday I was probably slightly shorter and steeper on entry.

May your laps be as happy as mine.

My TI Story