View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015

Talvi

True, I could try to invent something Rhoda, but as you made the suggestion, and as that matches a corkscrew stroke i.e no turn, just rotation around the body's axis, I thought I'd ask you, especially as you said you were going to see if you could describe it better.

Your suggestion about googling - well yes, I have heard about people asking that google chappie but I don't have his email address ;) Of course another alternative would have been to just ignore your post :D

Re the Scottish pools swimmers though, they either:
1. swam very slow breaststroke and swam the 5 metres across the ends in a gentle curve or
2. came off at 45' or more acutely or
3. walked/shuffled across the end of the pool before starting another lap

Didn't see anything else really over 40+hrs in the water there. Those of us who wanted to swim laps generally found ways of negotiating with other swimmers etc to do so. One swimmer I met there used to swim in the "lane" next to the lane rope ... on the recreational side of the pool! :D

Very few people swam in the bundled lanes, and even fewer swam more than a few hundred metres. The club swimmers of course swam normally in their lane swimming sessions.

"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
~ Aleksandr Popov