View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018

WFEGb

Hello Naji,

will try to answer your questions. The answers are highly individual/personal, so hopefully they are what you hoped to get...

Quote:
1. Are you happy with your chose to become a TI coach?
Only a clear YES is possible. I was a teacher (an engineer before) nearly my whole working life, and loved it. Becoming a TI-Coach was targeted to my retirement, to have to teach a very worthy thing afterward. The difference teaching TI against maths and physics often is, my TI-students really want to learn swimming (better)... And as a teacher my pupils and students were aged from ten up to the early twenties. Now my youngest stundent is 10years and my oldest 81years. Simply great!

Quote:
2. What did you find the most challenging about becoming a coach?
Most challenging for me still is to get my impatience with myself (only) into a Kaizen way of improvement...

Quote:
3. Are there other coaches that work with marginalized groups and what has been your success and or frustration?
No special experience with this and with groups in general. My coach-lessons are mostly individual oriented in the TI-way to step in direction to the individual goals, sometimes a married couple, which is a bit difficult, because the women is always some steps ahead... and her husband doesn't like it so much...

Quote:
4. Am I crazy to ask these sorts of questions and and have the desire to become a TI coach?
No! What does you make to think this way? Last but not least you have to set your own goals and deal with your hopes.

I still feel as a continueing TI-Student, like to participate in TI-workshops and TI-weeks as a hybrid TI-Student-Coach. What I like most: Really all students and (master-)coaches I met around TI are so sympathic that only this is worth to deal with TI more deeply. And having met Terry in person was a very happy coincidence in my life.

Similar to liolio I've to say, here in Hamburg its nearly impossible to coach TI regularly :-( Here is a company owning all public pools. They don't have any interest in TI but pushing their own coaches and courses. They do not give a chance to rent a lane or a half one one. And sometimes the lifeguards become nearly impolite when I'm in the water with a student, because they appeal to the pool-rules that foreign coaching is strictly forbidden. (We then tell them the coaching is just matter of friendship..) Also strictly forbidden in all pools is taking a video, so an important part of TI-Coaching is cut off :-(

And if you'll find a way to coach TI regularly, have in mind: Its not the preferred way to become rich with money, but...

Hope becoming a TI-Coach will be the right, satisfying and joyful way for you.

Best regards,
Werner

Last edited by WFEGb : 01-30-2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Tiny correction