Thread: Goggles vs Mask
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016

lloyddinma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopUK View Post
This isn't specific to freestyle but as this is the most active sub-group thought I'd post this here:

Who uses goggles and who uses a mask such as the Aqua Sphere Seal or Vista?

I personally use both. I tend to use goggles in the pool as I'm conscious of a mask being a bit dorky looking but I quite like using a mask in open water, particularly if the water is cold. I like that a mask has less pressure against the face compared to my goggles which I have to do up quite tight but I have noticed my mask can leak if I don't get the seal seated nicely. I can't wear 2 swim caps with my current mask for example.

I hate googles. After trying the mask for the first time last year, I have never gone back. I see better in the water! Inaddition the issue i had with tightness is non-existent.

I read these amazon reviews about people complaining about them leaking, but that has happened to me, only when I wear googles. I think it might boil down to the shape of your face.

Interestingly, I lost one of my two Aqua Sphere Seal Masks and just ordered another pair two days ago. :) I only found out when I got to the pool and had to use lost-and found googles. I was reminded of why the mask is better!!

The first one I saw was in that Terry video!

Stillness is the greatest revelation.
-- Lao Tzu
The light of the body is the eye.
-- J. Ch__st.