View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013

swimust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardsk View Post
Hi swimust

You obviously must be doing lots of things right if you can do a comfortable 15 strokes in a 25-m pool and a legitimate 10 with long glides.

Could it be that you are obsessing too much about minor details and not keeping the basic principles in mind always?

Still, attention to detail is a good thing.
1) I guess it was 15 SPL at about 1.6-1.7 SR. Maybe slower. Just two days gone since you changed my understanding of the whole swim, no rush... :)
The 10 SPL was milking it really slow, I don't trust this count at all and I don't rely on it.

2) minore details?... of course you are correct but I think that I had no choice. I had to do "something" and not quit while being actually lost in wrong understanding of the swim. Two days ago I was stroking to serve the body rotation, not the other way around as it should be. A Big thanks to you for insisting on telling me the "facts of life" two days ago :)
Swimmers reading this think that I am a total idiot. I am worse. I was trying to understand Japanese from a body language without knowing the language itself at all... I guess I like crazy "insane" challenges.
Imagine if I could understand what Shinji said in his dryland long axis drill, instead of guessing it.

P.S. - You know what? You just taught me to stop counting the SPL every 5 minutes in the water! From now on I will count only at the end of the swim session, one count on average pace and one on slow pace. Counting the chickens should be done at the end of the day, not in the middle of the day...
I better focus on my technique than on my "awards". I am seriously annoying myself with my stupid behavior :(

Last edited by swimust : 05-27-2013 at 04:38 AM.