Thread: Need for speed
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013

Grant

Sounds like you had a good time Richard. You folks certainly have swim meets spread over a number of days. By the number of events you swam it must have been at least three day long. You get your monies worth. I am glad you pleased with most of your results.
Next weekend I am swimming in the British Columbia Provincial Championships. In contrast it is Fri night and Sat and Sun. The most events one can enter is seven. I really don't know what to expect in terms of the results that will come out of this maturing body. This last week was pretty low energy so am going to have a gentle swim on Mon and and not swim Wed. Am swimming all the Freestyle events from 50m to 1500m and 50m Fly.
Like you I have looked ahead two years when the 80 - 84 age group comes calling. The times are just about at the speeds that I am now swimming. Will be interesting to see if I can maintain what I have now for two years so that I have a chance at some records. This last couple of years I have not been able to maintain speeds I held before.
Swim on my friend.