Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011

cynthcor
Default Thanks for input

CoachSuzanne,

I conned my lovely wife into going to the pool with me on Friday night just before closing time and she took lots of film. It's amazing what you can see when you watch yourself versus what you think you feel when you feel yourself. And no I'm not going to post it yet - maybe later when I can do a before and after and don't have to feel so bad about it.

What I see is painfully obvious - first I am not 'immersed'. My legs are sinking and I'm kicking like a fool even when I think I'm doing a two beat kick. Second - I'm not rolling, I'm lifting.

Today I spent 1.5 hours at the pool drilling. I took your advice and in that time I only actually touched the far wall a couple of times and that was when I was very comfortable in the drill I was doing. After about an hour of drilling, I was doing 6 switches consistently without having to breathe and I felt a sense of peace that was magical.

I paid a lot of attention to stopping immediately if I was falling out of form as I transitioned from drill to drill and when I felt it I stopped immediately and went back and found it. Oh and I took Louis' advice in one of his blogs and just let my legs hang today on the majority of the drills.

Louis - I too can kick and stay perfectly still, I almost choked on a mouth full of water when I remembered your blog and laughed out loud under water.

Can't wait til the pool opens tomorrow to go do some more drilling. Who'd a thunk.

Cyndi