View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015

sclim

One further day of specific Head and Neck Axis alignment focus added to prior other focus. (Also simultaneously continuing to drill 100m sets of 50 fist and 50 full-normal hand swim). The head and neck alignment thing is coming more naturally, though still far from automatic -- there is still a lot of loss of attention and then head dropping.

How is it affecting the rest of the stroke? Hard to say. It felt as though I was more clumsy and my SPL seemed harder to maintain, then when I fatigued actually failed to meet my prior target of 24, which I was pleased recently to meet during the full stroke portion of my 50fist/50 full swim sets with TT set at 1.25 seconds. A few months ago I was barely hitting 24 spl consistently with TT set at 1.30 seconds, and only swimming 25 metres at a time! So the failure to sustain the 24 spl was disappointing until at the end of the session just before I turned my TT off, I noticed that it was actually set at 1.20 seconds -- I reduced the interval at the end of yesterday's swim for a 100m SPL trial which didn't go too well because I was fatigued, but forgot to return the time to 1.25 seconds. So I was barely able to sustain the prior SPL but did it for most of the session at a slightly faster tempo, while carrying out a novel (for me) head and neck position. So that's encouraging after all.

Last edited by sclim : 01-20-2015 at 09:52 PM.