View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016

descending

Stuart just to update on our new guy. Sat down with him after practice yesterday and a couple of my tri friends he is starting to train with locally. He's been in and out of tri since the late 90's with delays due to work, family etc., but he's been swimming 3x a week steadily no matter what just not racing as much as he wants. Now his kids are in college and he owns his own biz so he wants to focus on tri big time now. Guyis super fit I thought he was a lot younger he's got some miles on his chassis. Does sprint and Olympic distance races, but has done 1 IM. Came to know TI through his last tri coach who was a proponent and he has also read 'the book' I'm guessing their is a main book of TI knowledge. No direct TI coaches or clinics.

So far he's liking Masters and being exposed to some new things. He had become stale with progress and swim splits the past few years. As of right now he is swimming the fastest he's ever done short course workouts, but he's also quite tired as he's never worked this hard. I think he realizes picking up the speed the last month is almost purely stroke rate/kick based so for that he realizes it's not fitness or very little. I told him to give it a month b/c he makes any decision on stick with us or go another route b/c he's busting through a fitness wall right now. He's added a 6 beat and is at ~ 75 spm vs low 60's and 2 beat. Was barely making 2 minute send offs for 100 base work a month ago and made almost all of them yesterday. He realizes that doesn't equate to an open water swim split PR or an overall faster triathlon split, but he's fully ready to try a new approach. The proof will be in the puddin' when he races in about a month.

Not sure if I covered all you wanted to know, but that's his gig. He's a really funny guy he will fit in perfectly with our group about as laid back as it gets.

Last edited by descending : 06-05-2016 at 11:20 AM.