View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009

LilBeav

I had been pounding out a drill/endurance routine that I had found on the web to get me from couch to 750 yards in 3 months. About 10 weeks into the program I was talking with a friend about it and he said he had a book for me to read. Yep, Total Immersion. It was the 1994 (original?) version. I asked my son's swim coach what he thought, read it or give it back. He said he fully endorsed what Terry taught and told me to go for it. So I read it. At some point I came to this website and checked out the Free Stuff. Hmmm, there seems to have been some changes to the drills. So I purchased a copy of the Revised, 2004 edition Book. Read through it and found out there was a companion DVD that complemented the book. I think the DVD I watched was made in 2003. The previous post indicate that there is a newer version available. I guess my question is, What are the Titles and years of the Book and DVD that will get me drilling with the current drills/techniques?

BTW, I now enjoy comfortable 500 yard warm-ups, 30-40 minutes of drill work and 750 yard 'cool' downs nearly daily.