View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017

Talvi

Hi Werner, I'm re-reading your post, and appreciating it more and more.

I think you are right .. and wrong haha. Theoretically, improved technique WILL increase pace. That's just physics. However, improving technique in one thing will ALSO have an impact on other things, and these we may or may not be aware of. So at first, there may be a momentarily huge improvement that then rapidly disappears as our body readjusts to find previous "homeostasis"/comfort.

One of the coaches here had the analogy of a rosary, each bead a FP, and that we needed to work our way around the rosary over and over again, in a spiral of development (iterative/step-wise improvement).

Do I understand this correctly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFEGb View Post
Last but not least I think learning "on the edge" will have the best pay off.... learning it and integrating it into your whole varity of your stroke might be some additional FPs to learn...
To achieve sustainable development requires rennaisence: renewed insight and foci, because development is a spiral not a linear process.

"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
~ Aleksandr Popov

Last edited by Talvi : 07-24-2017 at 11:49 AM.