View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017

WFEGb

Hello Talvi,

Quote:
So, my conclusion of the week is to go easy with stroke improvement; to improve technique/feel and then maybe even slow down or not try and go any faster at least until I have grooved the new stroke and swimming thereby feels easier. Then might be the right time to take up the slack created in the system by improved technique and increase my pace.
Yes and no...

Yes, good technique or improved technique will have its pay off with some speed or in less effort, after its immmersed and imprinted in your stroke.

No, it's not as linear as we wished. Just to move faster with your improved new technique might not be the best solution. Because what you've learned and imprinted with (more or less) slow movements might be timed in a tiny other way if you'll use it in your highest SR. FE when you worked on the mailslot-entry it might be best near to your head, but if you'll use this new learned exactness with your higher SR you'll have to adjust the entry point a little more forward to get the pay off, and so its another (new and necessary) FP...

Last but not least I think learning "on the edge" will have the best pay off.
-Balance, streamline, Propulsion, SR and SL FPs in slowest and fastest conditions. Same with neurological FPs. How long can I hold this special FP before getting bored and thoughts wander off, or how long can I hold before the TT has to become the more important FP...

Somewhat unsharp points will have their pay off obviously: Better balance, better streamline, better propulsion, better concentration will have their results in faster pace or less effort. But learning it and integrating it into your whole varity of your stroke might be some additional FPs to learn...

Best regards,
Werner