View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012
Coach

CoachDavidShen

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1ness View Post
Thanks for the review David. Would like to hear more about the pros and cons of each and any more thoughts since your last update.

If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like the Swimsense advantage is the autolap feature so you don't have to press the button each lap (I'm surprised they didn't match this feature). Do you find having the press the button a big annoyance, or does it actually give you more accurate readings? It sounds like main advantage of the Garmin is the rest feature, which I'm assuming is a separate button you press to take breaks (or do TI drills), whereas taking breaks with the Swimsense messes up all your data? Are these two features the basic differentiators in picking one over the other?
Well right now it seems that the FINIS Swimsense site is up and down a bit (now up). That was annoying and was a reason to switch to the Garmin when I could not login for weeks.

Pushing the button is more accurate. I found the Swimsense autolap feature to be inaccurate - well it made me feel better because it told me I was swimming faster - but the more realistic times were always from hitting the lap button manually.

You can enter drill lengths/laps manually later into the Garmin. I haven't tried this yet.

One thing I noticed was that it was not recognizing my butterfly correctly. Well, I guess maybe my butterfly isn't all that great, but it would be nice to know that the watch knows I'm sorta doing the butterfly sometime...

Personally I think the Garmin is better - I did like the Swimsense but the problems with that product led me to the Garmin.