View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012

truth1ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDavidShen View Post
OK got the ANT stick syncing issue resolved. The Garmin Connect website's display of your intervals is pretty good. It also seems to be detecting the type of stroke pretty well too as I'm now working on the other 3.

I also started using the Rest interval mode on the watch which is nice because now I don't have to look up at the wall clock but can just look at my wrist to check rest times. this can be used for constant rest intervals as well as traditional swim intervals where you have a time interval for both the swim portion and the rest.

All in all, the Garmin Swim watch is pretty slick. I'm using it now instead of my Swimsense.

Now if only someone would allow me to store HR for the duration of a swim workout - a melding of FINIS ear clip HR monitor and storing it, and syncing it later with the web?
Thanks for the review David. Would like to hear more about the pros and cons of each and any more thoughts since your last update.

If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like the Swimsense advantage is the autolap feature so you don't have to press the button each lap (I'm surprised they didn't match this feature). Do you find having the press the button a big annoyance, or does it actually give you more accurate readings? It sounds like main advantage of the Garmin is the rest feature, which I'm assuming is a separate button you press to take breaks (or do TI drills), whereas taking breaks with the Swimsense messes up all your data? Are these two features the basic differentiators in picking one over the other?