View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018
Coach

CoachBobM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liolio View Post
I'm a lot more comfortable breathing on both sides, as somebody posted here I think my left side is indeed cleaner. I've grown well aware about how breathing on one side alter you technique and so the strain on your body (for those that are not built as solid, tough or resilient as others...). I'm holding on doing significant distance and volume at the moment but I still feel like one breath every 3 strokes may be a little to few for me, I may want to stick with a regular pattern that includes more breathing 3/2/2/3/2/2 for example.
Still no luck with the 2 breaths out of three strokes advocated by Gary Hall Sr. May be I will find a way to make it work... one day lol
Keep in mind that the important thing is to be breathing equal amounts of the time on both sides, not how you accomplish that. I can breathe every 3 strokes for short distances, but for longer swims, I usually breathe twice on the right, then twice on the left, and so on, and sometimes even switch to 3 breaths on the right followed by 3 breaths on the left, etc.

Bob