View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014
Coach

CoachBobM

A lot of what you're doing looks good. Balance, streamlining, and body rotation are all pretty good. You also have a fairly good 2-beat kick (perhaps a bit wider than is optimal). The biggest things I saw were:

1) You should work on leading with your elbows a bit longer when you're recovering your arms.

2) Your arm recoveries are a little asymmetric (probably due to the fact that you're breathing on only one side). On your left side, you seem to be almost laying your recovering arm on the water. On your right side, you're doing a better hand entry, but you could still stand to work on your mailslot entry. I'd suggest rehearsing the entry on one side, then swimming and focusing on the entry on that side, then repeating the process on the other side.

I'd also recommend that you learn to breathe on both sides (either breathe every third stroke, or breathe on one side but switch breathing sides when you turn). The TI breathing drills are far enough removed from regular swimming that they can break you out of deeply engrained muscle memories, so you can start by practicing the breathing drills on both sides, then gradually progressing to whole stroke swimming while breathing on both sides.

Bob

Last edited by CoachBobM : 06-28-2014 at 06:30 AM.