View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013

Grant
Default BC provincial championship meet 2013

As Nationals are in Montreal this year the meet I swam in this weekend will be my last till early Dec. it was a 2.5 day meet where you could swim a max of 7 events (1-3-3). Plus relays but as I was the only swimmer from my club I did not swim any.
Had mixed results. First off I was the only entry in the 75-79 age bracket in five of the events so I was either first or last. Depends on the spin. :0)
I finished first ahead of a swimmer in the 50 Free but the time at 39.21 was one second slower than last year and the slowest I have ever swum it.
The other race where I had competition other than myself was the 50m Fly. In this case I finished either third or last and missed the silver by 0.05 sec. Was a fun race. The winner whipped us by about 3 sec with a :45.+ my time at 48.77 was about .60 sec slower than last year.
In the competition races against myself (100,200,400,800 and 1500 Free) I was slower than last year in all of them.
I had practiced thru out the year for all the distances and this lack of narrowing my focus to either sprint or distance events showed in the results.
I have still not decided as I like both formats. The intense increased turnover of the sprints and the long rhythmic strokes of the distance races, I find very enjoyable. From the 400 on up I use a two beat kick the others a flutter kick.
In the horoscope model this is the dark side of the Libra who is about balance and ends up being unable to choose. :0)
I will end this now before I make this post into a spam sandwich.