Total Immersion Forums

Total Immersion Forums (http://www.totalimmersion.net/forum/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.totalimmersion.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pleasing results (http://www.totalimmersion.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3471)

Grant 06-01-2012 04:42 PM

Pleasing results

On the weekend of may 18 I swam in the Canadian National swim meet. This was six weeks after the British Columbia Provincial meet. In that meet my times were off from the year before which I attributed to the abdominal surgery I had Oct. my doctor has advised that I could experience the effects of the operation for up to a year.
In this last meet my times were considerably improved from six weeks ago in every event except the 100m Free which I swam at the end of the third day and fatigue was setting in. They are still up from last years but I like the trend. Will continue to work on efficiencies and gradually lower the Tempo Trainer setting. At meet time I was at 1.1 sec. Want to get down to 0.9 sec.
Have a two week layoff as I had a chunk of Squamous Cell cancer removed from my ear. I guess this is the year for me to grow things. :0)
In spite of the higher times from last year I won 4 Golds and 3 Silvers. Had some very close races and managed to eek out the Golds. In the Silvers I was soundly thrashed by an American swimmer who has done this for several years.
Will see if I can close the gap in the coming year.

Richardsk 06-01-2012 05:57 PM

Well done Grant!

Have you got a link to the results?

Scotty 06-01-2012 06:09 PM

We're so happy to see you are back in the water again, winning gobs of medals. Don't worry about the times. Your steady recovery will take care of any extra seconds that have crept into your races.

Warm thoughts and prayers for your continued recovery, from TI friends in the "lower 48." Keep us posted.

Scotty

Grant 06-01-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardsk (Post 28456)
Well done Grant!

Have you got a link to the results?

Hi Richard
Below is the link for the Canadian Masters website. It is really comprehensive and gives access to a lot of history re meet results, records and rankings.
www.Mymsc.ca
On the top row go to Competition and then you get a list of folders that you can choose from.

Richardsk 06-02-2012 12:40 AM

Thanks Grant

Very interesting

Good to see the over nineties performing.

Grant 06-11-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 28457)
We're so happy to see you are back in the water again, winning gobs of medals. Don't worry about the times. Your steady recovery will take care of any extra seconds that have crept into your races.

Warm thoughts and prayers for your continued recovery, from TI friends in the "lower 48." Keep us posted.

Scotty

Thanks Scotty. I am back in the pool tomorrow morning. The ear surgery has healed marvelously and I will hear shortly if they got clear margins from the biopsy. Will begin swimming with the TT set at 1.3 and go with the

Once again I appreciate the support.

CoachSuzanne 06-11-2012 06:00 AM

Fantastic, thanks for the update, and great healing!!

ian mac 06-11-2012 09:42 PM

Keep it up!

Grant,
I am so pleased for you. After her recent win in the French Open, Maria Sharapova's 1st comment was ,"Ah, the journey." Thanks for your post and most importantly your inspiration for all of us on a similar path.
Fondly,
ian mac

Grant 06-12-2012 02:31 AM

Thanks folks.
The journey just got smoother. I got a call from my Doctor today and he says they got clear margins on the biopsy so on with the trip.

Richardsk 06-12-2012 09:51 AM

That's great news Grant!

Carry on carrying on.

Richard